The holiday season is fast approaching! Have a look at our wonderful set menus with something for everyone.
Under Head Chef Cornel Riciu, the Black Boy prides itself on a fusion of tradition and innovation - something for everyone.
We serve traditional and seasonal dishes every day along with daily specials, rotating specialty beers, and an extensive wine list.
We have had the Black Boy since April 2008 and gave it a complete make-over, but have since continued to update it inside and out. As a piece of local history dating back over 500 years, we are proud to offer the best from this enduring landmark.
- Friendly, professional and comfortable atmosphere with a focus on excellent service.
- Perfect for special occasions, a business lunch, or just a relaxing afternoon drink.
- Quality, seasonal, well-sourced ingredients, freshly prepared for the best flavour. The same care goes into every dish, no matter the occasion.
- Enjoy the Sunshine: in the summer, unwind in the lovely patio garden with both smoking and non-smoking alfresco dining.
- Stay Snug: In the winter, cosy up in our comfy seating near our real fireplace or candle-lit dining room.
- Pop in for a Drink: enjoy one of our fairly priced cask ales, fine wines, or a selection of teas and coffees.
- Family-oriented: children are very welcome in the restaurant until 9pm, and are catered for with high chairs, their own menu and drinks selection, baby care facilities and accommodating staff. Well behaved dogs are also welcome in the garden.